FS Golite Cave 1 and Nest

Hi all-

I am ‘selling’ my GoLite Cave 1 and Nest.

Here’s a review of the Cave 1: https://www.trailspace.com/gear/golite/cave-1-shelter/

I’ve had these for 15 years or so (after reading Ray Jardine), and they were precious to me. They allowed me to step beyond the heavy, traditional backpacking and move into something more flexible, connected, and lighter. They make better tarps and nets now, but these were an excellent way to start. Ultimately, the difference between these and the fancier ones is not much, really, unless you allow ounce counting to become more important than getting out there. They key is to start tarping, in my opinion.

I ask for no money for these items. Just send me an address for a good home. I will mail these as soon as I get around to it. It’ll probably take a week or 3 to get to you. I will cover shipping costs too, since it’s not worth the possibility of a dispute over something so small.

Side note: I hate the Nest. It fits the Cave 1, so it goes with it (since it has no use otherwise.) It allows you to camp with your tarp in buggy conditions and it was a lifesaver in Alaska. Still, it is difficult to get in and out of. A zipper would have been worth the extra weight, IMO.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags