Gear closet cleanup (cross posted with Mountain Project)

Decided it’s about time to clear out the closet. Lots of gear, available for pickup in Hoboken NJ or to ship (you pay actual shipping). Quite a bit of it is climbing gear, but there's also a bunch of stuff that might be interesting here!

[external URL deleted per Gear Swap rules. - RNC]Backpacks

Lowe Alpine Contour III 70+15 ($60)
In really nice shape. Got it used last minute from GearX’s used shop over the winter because I needed a little more space for a skimo trip. But it’s not really an alpine pack, the ice tool straps don’t fit Nomics well, and it doesn’t carry skis as well as I’d like. I’ve added compression/attachment straps on the sides to increase the carrying capacity.

Gregory Z65, M ($40)
A nice light pack that I got from an REI garage sale. I repaired a couple of tears near the hip belt, and there’s one more that I haven’t fixed near the collar. It’s a good pack and carried some big loads for me over the last couple years, but I got a new alpine pack to replace this and the Contour.

BD Predator 50 L/XL ($65)
This has been my go-to pack for the last couple ice seasons. Great pack with a crampon pocket, modern tool straps, ski slots, rope strap, built-in helmet net, etc… this thing’s got it all. But it’s a bit tall for my torso and I’m switching to a smaller ~30L pack going forward to lighten the load.

REI Stoke 19 ($25)
Great summit pack, and also great as a light pack while climbing. But too much overlap with my Flash 18, so I don’t really use it.

OR DryComp Summit ($30)
Really nice and light dry bag that can double as a summit pack. Used it once during ice season, but it’s not quite ideal for carrying tools. I jury rigged a sternum strap that I’m including – use it or not.Footwear

La Sportiva Baturas (1st gen), 45.5 (SOLD)
These boots are awesome. I got them a couple seasons ago and they really bumped up my grade. However, I’ve grown a couple of really bunions and the synthetic boots just won’t stretch out to accommodate them. They’re very well used, but still have lots of climbing left in them. One gaiter zipper is missing a tooth, but it still zips fine. I got a couple of replacement zippers from LS last season just in case – any cobbler can install them easily if the need arises. The gaiters had a couple of crampon snags that I repaired with McNett’s and I haven’t had any problems. I don’t have the original insoles as I used Superfeet – you’ll need your own.

BD Raptor Crampons – Brand New ($75)
I got these with dreams of mounting them onto a stiff trad boot for dry tooling. Never got around to it, and don’t see it happening anytime soon. This is the design that includes heel spikes! Note, you’ll need your own mounting hardware

Evolv Defys, 44 ($25)
Left shoe is pretty much like new. I used the right shoe in the gym a little (matched with a left 44.5 since my feet are different sizes), but it's still got plenty of rubber left. These things are great as gym slippers.

Otto quarter length gaiters ($5)
Hiking gaiters to keep scree out of your boots. Well worn ~500 miles on them. They’ll need new cord under the feet, but otherwise still work well. Nice light design.Climbing Gear

Lowe/Byrne Ballnut #1 Blue ($25)
In really good shape, but I’ve got another and it isn’t something I use often enough to merit having 2. This is probably my favorite size, though. No falls.

ClimbTech Tech Nut Slider ($20)
Got this with some other pieces out of curiosity. Some people swear by them, but I never really got used to it and stopped carrying it a while back. No falls.

Yates Shorty Screamer ($12)
In great shape. I used to carry 3 screamers on ice, but as of last season I’m down to just 2 so this one’s unnecessary. Placed and sometimes used on anchors, but obviously no falls.

13cm BD Express (SOLD)
2 sharp tips and 2 dull, still placed great at the end of the season

16cm BD Turbo ($25)
Super sharp w/ an aggressive cut from sharpener

16cm Petzl Laser Sonic ($25)
Needs sharpening

BD Full Set of Nuts, 2-13 (SOLD)
Full set of nuts in great shape. Most have been placed, but a couple are in near-new condition. No falls on any of them. They’ll come with an oval biner.

Misc Nuts ($5 ea)
All in good shape.
BD 4, 6, 7; WC #7 (BD 8 SOLD)

Edelrid Madillo Helmet ($35)
Clever folding design. I used it for a season and thought it was pretty cool. But I use my lightweight Tracer and this just sits on a shelf. Would be great for someone that travels a lot. One thing – a small piece of foam broke off due to the folding process a while back and now “floats” in place. It’s still held in place by the velcro spacer, though.

Biners ($4-$6)
All in great shape. I’m not sure all of the Neutrinos have even been racked.
$4 biners: BD Neutrinos,, BD Positrons (straight/bent), Mammut Moses
BD Positron Locker ($4), OP Jake ($6), WC Neons (SOLD)

Tricams – Red, Brown, Black ($35)
In great shape, they just never make it onto my rack. They’ll come with an oval.

Miscellaneous hardware
Mammut Smart belay device in great shape (SOLD)
Camp Figure 8 ($6)
BD Ice Clippers (SOLD))
Red powder baskets (SOLD)

Booty gear and well-worn nylon (Free with any purchase)
All of this stuff is old, worn, and not to be trusted. Please don’t climb on it.
Hollow aluminum rap ring found as booty (SOLD)
WC dogbones left over after I stripped the biners (SOLD)
Random shoulder sling (SOLD)
Cordolettes recovered as bootyClothing

Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket, L ($80)
Practically new jacket. Wore it for a couple of trips, but ultimately just overlaps with all my others. Excellent condition.

Arc’Teryx Atom LT Vest, L ($75)
Like new. Fits me bigger than I expected, so I got a medium to replace it. Only worn on a handful of climbs as a mid layer.

Arc’Teryx Caliber Fleece, L ($55)
Like new. Nice fleece, but overlaps too much with my R2. So I never wear it. Wore it a few times out on the town, never on a climb or ski day.

Mammut Baseball Hat, S/M ($8)
Like new. I have no idea why I didn’t get a large.

EMS Endo Softshell Pants, M ($30)
Great pants with one small crampon hole. They just never fit me right.

First Ascent Softshell Pants, M (SOLD)
These softshells really rock, but they’re super tapered. Really good ice climbing pants. These have seen some use, and have a few crampon holes as you can see. Still work great, though.

Patagonia Roving Pant, 34 ($45)
Brand new with tags. I got two pairs for some reason and never even wore these.

Ex Officio Zip-Off Travel Pants, M 32-34 ($20)
Nice pants to be sure, but a little baggy for my tastes. Used them for ~9 months of international travel. Still in great shape with lots of travel left in them.

REI Heavy Fleece Pant, M (SOLD)
Great shape, haven’t used these too much as they’re not really the right size. Really really warm, though.

Patagonia Mid Layer Pants, M (SOLD)
Nice medium weight pants with zippered pockets. Pretty warm layer and in great shape.

Prana Mojo Shorts, M (SOLD)
Like new, awesome climbing shorts. I already have another pair that I use all the time.

Hot Chilly’s Mid Weight “Peachskins” Base Layer, L/M ($25)
Quarter zip top (L), standard bottom (M). Both in excellent shape. Nice and warm, really comfortable to wear.

Duofold Heavy Weight Base layer, XL/L ($15)
XL top (I have long arms) and L bottom are extremely warm, and hard to find these days. Great shape.

REI LS Heavyweight Fleece/Baselayer, L/T ($30)
Like new, great fleece, very heavy weight fabric. Thumb loops, quarter zip, custom tall size (for long arms).

REI LS Travel Shirt, XL ($15)
Great shirt, but not really useful for me now that I’ve settled down a bit. Used it for ~9 months of international travel. Still in great shape with lots of travel left.

Patagonia LS Capilene 1 Shirt, L ($10)
Shift has a lot of use, and one small hole in the arm from a bit of ash that landed on it. There’s a small stain on the right rear shoulder from where I must have leaned against something. Also, it fits more like a medium now – must have shrunk over the course of many washings. Still a great piece of gear.

REI LS Lightweight Shirt, L ($8)
Got this at a garage sale for $8.43. Don’t wear it very often, so I figured I’d pass on my good find to someone else.

Injinji Midweight Toe Socks, L ($5 ea)
Pairs are both roughly mid-weight and quarter height, though if I remember correctly they’re slightly different. I’m sure these are good for some people. I tried them each once, and hated them. Not a 5-Fingers sort of guy, I guess.

Patagonia Mid Weight Merino Hiking Socks, XL but fit more like a L ($8)
I’ve only worn these once or twice. Excellent condition.

Smartwool Mid- and Heavy- Weight Ski Socks, L ($8 ea)
I’ve started wearing light socks while skiing now that I focus more on backcountry, so these aren’t going to get any use. Both pairs in great shape, almost like new.