Bridge hammocks- 36" recessed bar

JUST A BRIDGE- 36" RECCESSED SPREADER BAR BRIDGE IN SINGLE LAYER HYPER D 1.6 OZ.
200LB rating- up to 7' tall users. Normal retail price- $200. Discontinued Fabric Clearance- $150 (includes PP fees and shipped conus). I have got 10. Eight are green (olive drab) , two are deep purple.

What is it?
For those of you not familiar with hammocks- bridge hammocks are a bit more like a floating cot- but more comfortable. Less fiddly than a gathered end, they work very well with sleeping pads. Just slap one in and you're off the ground, but you still have a pad along if you want to cowboy camp on Max Patch or sleep in a shelter on a nasty day. Bridge hammocks can also be used with hiking poles with some work. The bulk of the weight of this particular hammock is the spreader bars (poles). So of the 19.5 ounces of total weight in this hammock, 10 ounces of it are the poles. So if you do use trekking poles and can handle the conversion you can get a floating cot for 10 ounces or so; which is pretty nice. So don't worry about UQ's, nets, or other complicated stuff. Just put on a head net, carry your sleeping pad, and bring a tarp for a fairly light and very versatile sleep system for backpacking Midwest or eastern trails.

For those of you familiar with hammocks-
Well how 'bout that elephant in the room… it's a lot like a Grizz Bridge Ariel. Both have recessed bars, both use 36" bars, both use a channel suspension with a continuous precision spliced Amsteel cord. Even though developed separately over several years, both bridges ended up with fairly similar dimensions regarding the bar to fabric size ratio. Which I think is neat.
But… our bar to bar distance is a bit different, mine is about 6" shorter.
Instead of going about a foot past the bar, these bridges go near two feet past. In lieu of endcaps this bridge has adjustable ends to fit a wide variety of sleepers, and a wide variety of sleep positions, including belly sleeping comfortably for most. In addition, the adjustable end design lets folks from 5' to 7' tall find a comfy spot to sleep and the channel suspension with Amsteel is very flexible in adapting to different body shapes.
So for those of you who have asked about a TALL bridge but not necessarily a "BIG GUY" and fall within the weight rating of 200lbs or under (especially 180 or under) you'll be getting a good bridge at a great price.

What it's not-
It's not the big guy bridge I've been working on. Weight rating is 200lbs or under, though 180 or so is ideal for this fabric in my opinion. On the plus side- heights up to 7' tall will fit in this thing. I will be setting this design on hold for some time and switching it to the new Hybrid 1.7 fabric from RBTR in the future. SO… that's why these are considered discontinued and on sale. They are not used and are all good to excellent quality sewing.
5'2" bar to bar distance, roughly 8' overall length in the body and a recommended Ridgeline distance (Apex to Apex) of 9'4" which means you can fit it under a 10' tarp and pitch as small as 10' tree-tree.
Comes with stuff sack, Easton .625" head and foot poles and bridge body with internal suspension. Total weight in stuff sack- 1 lb 3.5 ounces.
No other accessories or add-ons available at this time.

I do have suspension components for sale if needed (straps, whoopies, continuous loops, ridgelines, soft shackles and a few sets of carabineers) as well.

For more information and lots of pics see the attached installation packet showing how to set up a bridge. Detailed specs are in this packet too.
You can also see how fat I'm getting now that I spend all my time working and sewing.

This design has been tested in several forms over the past few years and some of these have seen more than 100 nights of use. Again- I just plan to use the Hybrid 1.7 fabric in the future and the big bridge design I have been working on can be made single layer with .625 poles for 200lb load limits so at this time it makes the most sense to pursue that design and fabric... so to that end these are going on sale to fund more testing and prototyping of that design.
If there is a serious problem after purchase I will be happy to discuss it with folks. If you try it and don't like it- I would consider a return (less shipping and PP fees) if done within a week or so.
Otherwise these are sold as is like any other piece of "used" gear with no warrantee or support implied.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags