Simply Light Designs Single Layer 1.3 Streamliner Hammock

$35 shipped conus This all black and light weight (9.5 oz)hammock is 10.5 ft long. I have added Amsteel loops on the ends and a dynaglide ridgeline. The hammock was hung in my garage to test out. I love the simple design and the the reduced calf ridge and minimized walled in effect. However, I do like to use my hammock to sit in and read often and as was noted by Jared the sides are more taught than I would like to sit in. I wanted to try it out and just not for me. Per SLD site: The Streamliner is a new style of hammock for the adventurous hanger. For years, catenary curves have been applied to tarps and tents, but not very often has the principle been applied to a hammock. I took the Tree Runner Hammock and applied a catenary curve to the ends and sides. The ends have a 3.5" deflection, while the sides have a 5" on each side. The benefits of this are two fold. It helps to lessen calf ridge and at the same time minimizes the walled in effect from the side material. The width of the hammock is 10 inches narrower in the center, than the width of the fabric. Due to the nature of the Cat Curve, the edges of the hammock do become more taut under load than a regular hammock. IMG_0263.jpgIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0261.jpgIMG_0260.jpgIMG_0259.jpg

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags