FS: Fully blung Megalight

One BD Megalight with all the extras.

SOLD!!!!!

This was purchased new by me in September of 2012. I seam sealed it with clear silicone dissolved in mineral spirits, for a refined look. Then I pulled out all the stock tieouts (by picking out the stitches) and replaced them with linelocs sewed on with 3/4" grosgrain. Sealed that exterior stitching for absolute weatherproofing and durability. Added eight midpanel tieouts, as seen above. For these I laminated rectangular pieces of sil inside the mid, let them cure, sewed on 3/4" grosgrain loops, sewed around the edge of the reinforcement plate, then sealed all that stitching. Not super neat, but utterly bomber. Each has a bit of shockcord attached to dampen windloading. I also added a stovejack, which is currently cut for a 3" diameter pipe. It has a large flap to seal it when not in use, held down by shockcord loops and grommets. In current trim the mid weighs 30.4 ounces.

Included with purchase is the mid as shown, with cords installed in the linelocks ready to use. Also included is the stock carbon BD center pole, which is handy for basecamping when you need your trekking poles. Also also included is the distinct aroma of campfire. Not included is a stuff sack for the mid, any stakes, and any guylines beyond those attached to the linelocs.

170 dollars shipped. At this price, you're mostly paying for labor and getting the mid for about 25 bucks.

Email dave at backpackinglight dot com if interested. Payment via paypal only. No sales outside the US.

Detail

Tags