FS: New Carbon Graphite Gold Club Shafts 46" 74g

For sale:

While pursuing materials for MYOG trekking poles I found a batch of brand new graphite (carbon fiber) golf shafts and I have more than I can use.

I did some research and couldn't find this exact brand or model. I do know they are made in China. They are 46" long with a 0.335" tip and they measure 0.60" at the top. The weight is 2.2oz/64g on my scale (I typo'd the title. They are stiffer than the shafts I have gleaned from used golf clubs. I weigh 205 and can lean on them with confidence. They do bow, but no more than a Z-pole.

This length is good for making a 120cm trekking pole if used with a tip and a handle from a cross country pole. One of the photos shows this shaft with a Black Diamond Z-pole replacement basket (not included) which can be purchased for about $10 a pair online. The shaft is small for the Z-pole tip, but my plan is to simply fill it in with silicone adhesive for my own use. I'm thinking about heat shrink tubing, baseball bat grip tape or bike handlebar tape for the handle. With that tip and a wrapped handle the pole would be 115cm and weighs 2.8oz, so 4oz poles are not out of the question. I would be careful to cap the top end for safety.

If you are thinking about using these for tent poles, if you simply insert one pole into the other as is, the maximum possible length is 69".

I'm asking $25 per pair including US shipping and PayPal fees. I do have several pairs. Please contact me via PM.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags