WTB - Spring Touring Setup

If I keep buying skis I never have to acknowledge that I'm a trash skier, instead I can just keep saying 'oh, I just had the wrong skis today'. I've seen and missed a few good deals on here so far so I figure I might see what else folks have floating around.

Looking for two pairs of all-rounder skis that can be used on hard pack and in sun softened variable crud.

• Pair 1: 160-165cm -  85mm up to 100mm underfoot
  • Pair 2: 175-180cm - 95-105mm underfoot
  • Emphasis on turn initiation rather than a hard charging powerful ski (yea, I know this sacrifices some edge hold in steeper/harder stuff) - Typically this is going to be something with a little more flex, shorter sidecut radius, and a smidge of rocker (Had the BD helio carbon 105, did not enjoy that ski)
  • Touring focused (no Shift bindings, no frame bindings, no heavy resort skis)
  • Don't care brakes or not
  • No ultra skinny race skis
  • Prefer local Wasatch, but if we can make the deal work with shipping, that's cool too
  • As much as I'd love a pair of DPS with ATK bindings, I don't have $2k lying around.. Middle of the budget range is around 400-500, but willing to consider things higher/lower)

What are we currently skiing:

• Wife is on hyper v8s, they're fantastic, but not the right ski for this time of year
  • I have a ton of skis haven't found the right one yet
    • Hyper v8s (same as above, it's the best thing ever on powder days)
    • Bent 100s 188cm - Too much ski for my tiny touring boots (TLT). I might have fun a size or two shorter
    • Some older pair of Dynafit skis - Too much camber, and a smidge too short - They really struggled to stay afloat in crud this past weekend
    • Backland 85 UL - I really like these, haven't tried them in the crud yet, but if I find the right pair of skis in that 95-100ish sweet spot, I'd give em a try

I know this is a goldilocks request with a lot of disqualifiers, but who knows what other ski hoarders have kicking around in their garage.

After writing all this up, I realized I should probably just get an account on TGR...

Detail

Tags