1986 VW Vanagon (Subaru)

Hi

I'd like to sell my VW Vanagon Weekender to a fellow climber.  It has a 2.2 subaru engine that was professionally installed, has a custom interior (classy but hippie-ish floral upholstery, wood floor, redone/new abs plastic interior panels) and is generally a really cool and reliable campervan that's been loved and cared for (has a new radiator, a few new hoses, wheel bearings have been changed, etc).  It goes 80mph on the flats, gets 18-20mpg depending on your speed, and is up to date on the maintainence.  There's a fridge, solar power, inverter, and Espar (name-brand) heater that is plumbed into the stock gas tank and can keep the interior uncomfortably warm on a 15 degree day!

The crux of the sale and the main reason I'm selling is that I live in Hawaii and I keep the van stored in Vegas.  I've had some health issues and I'm just not using it enough to warrant keeping it.  I'm happy to fly over and meet in Vegas or drive it to wherever, I work remote so I can easily do either.  I'm asking $21,000 from the climbing community, if your rich uncle who doesn't climb wants it maybe tell him $23,000 and some more of my healthcare costs can be covered :).  Money isn't the most important thing though, I've had the best of times climbing with old and new friends across the country in this van and would love someone else to have those joys...so reasonable offers may be considered.

More photos via text, shoot me a message with your number or instagram handle!

Aloha!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags