Feathered Friends, Volant Down Pants, Size Large, Green

Feathered Friends, Volant Down Pants w/ Event PTFE-Lite shell. Size Large. Like new.  Never actually worn on a mountain.  $200 firm, no-haggle price.  Current retail price is $350.  

These pants are like brand-new.  I brought them on one successful summit of Aconcagua, South America, and we had nice enough weather that I never wore them.  They are perfect for high-altitude mountaineering in South America, Alaska, or the Himalaya, or for winter camping, or ski touring. 

Manufacturer’s Description: A step up from our quilted Helios Pants, the Volant offers the same functionality with added warmth in a baffled design. Fully separating side zips allow the Volant Pants to be quickly thrown over your other layers and footwear for a boost of warmth when the temperature really dips. Made with waterproof & breathable Event PTFE-Lite shell fabric and premium 900+ fill power goose down.

Details

• Tuck stitched & baffled construction
  • YKK full length 2-way separating side zips
  • Snaps at ankle and knee
  • Lycra bound elastic waist band with 2 stage snap adjustment
  • Lycra cuffs
  • Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials

See manufacturer’s website ( featheredfriends.com/produc…) for more details.  The only difference between these pants and the ones they currently advertise on their site is the shell fabric.  These pants have an Event PTFE-Lite shell.  Their current pants have a Pertex® Shield® XT shell.  A quick internet search revealed the following specifications and differences between these fabrics (see below).  The Event fabric on these pants is more waterproof and more breathable, and seems the better choice.  

• Event PTFE-Lite fabric:
    1. Waterproofness (Hydrostatic Head): Event fabric has a hydrostatic head (HH) of 30,000+ mm.
    2. Breathability (CFM): It has a CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) value of 0.58.
    3. Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR): The MVTR is 2910 g/m²/24h.
    4. Event fabric is known for its excellent breathability and waterproofness, making it suitable for high-performance outdoor gear.
  • Pertex® Shield® XT:
    1. Waterproofness (Hydrostatic Head): Pertex Shield XT fabric provides lightweight waterproof protection with a hydrostatic head of 18,280 mm.
    2. Breathability (CFM): Its breathability is less than 0.43 CFM.
    3. Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR): The MVTR is 1500 g/m²/24h.
    4. Pertex Shield XT balances weight and breathability, making it suitable for intense mountain pursuits where staying dry and comfortable is crucial.

In-person, cash-exchange preferred, but I will ship if buyer is outside of the San Diego, CA, area.  If shipping, transaction will be conducted using ‘Paypal Goods and Services’ (provides both buyer and seller protection). I will box the pants and provide weight and dimensions. Buyer will provide a shipping label using shipper of their choice (must include a tracking number).  Upon receipt of funds and receipt of the shipping label, I will ship within 2 business days.