Down Pants, Feathered Friends Volant. Size Medium. $200

Feathered Friends, Volant Down Pants w/ Event PTFE-Lite shell. Size Medium (Waist 32”, Inseam 32”). Like new. $200 firm, no-haggle price.  Current retail price is $350.  

These pants are like brand-new.  I carried them to the summit of Aconcagua, but we had nice weather so I never wore them. They are perfect for high-altitude mountaineering in South America, Alaska, or the Himalaya, or for winter camping, or ski touring. 

Manufacturer’s Description: A step up from our quilted Helios Pants, the Volant offers the same functionality with added warmth in a baffled design. Fully separating side zips allow the Volant Pants to be quickly thrown over your other layers and footwear for a boost of warmth when the temperature really dips. Made with waterproof & breathable Event PTFE-Lite shell fabric and premium 900+ fill power goose down.

Details

• Tuck stitched & baffled construction
  • YKK full length 2-way separating side zips
  • Snaps at ankle and knee
  • Lycra bound elastic waist band with 2 stage snap adjustment
  • Lycra cuffs
  • Made in Seattle, USA of imported materials

See manufacturer’s website ( featheredfriends.com/produc…) for more details.  The only difference between these pants and the ones they currently advertise is the shell fabric.  These pants have an Event PTFE-Lite shell.  Their current pants have a Pertex® Shield® XT shell.  I think the Event material is superior.   Specifications and differences between the fabric is provided below.  The Event fabric on these pants is more waterproof and more breathable.  

• Event PTFE-Lite fabric:
    1. Waterproofness (Hydrostatic Head): Event fabric has a hydrostatic head (HH) of 30,000+ mm.
    2. Breathability (CFM): It has a CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) value of 0.58.
    3. Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR): The MVTR is 2910 g/m²/24h.
    4. Event fabric is known for its excellent breathability and waterproofness, making it suitable for high-performance outdoor gear.
  • Pertex® Shield® XT:
    1. Waterproofness (Hydrostatic Head): Pertex Shield XT fabric provides lightweight waterproof protection with a hydrostatic head of 18,280 mm.
    2. Breathability (CFM): Its breathability is less than 0.43 CFM.
    3. Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR): The MVTR is 1500 g/m²/24h.
    4. Pertex Shield XT balances weight and breathability, making it suitable for intense mountain pursuits where staying dry and comfortable is crucial.

In-person, cash-exchange preferred, but I will ship if buyer is outside of the San Diego, CA, area.  If shipping, transaction will be conducted using ‘Paypal Goods and Services’ (provides buyer and seller protection). I will box the pants and provide weight and dimensions. Buyer will provide a shipping label using shipper of their choice (must include a tracking number).  Upon receipt of the shipping label, I will ship within 2 business days.