FS: *Custom* Cold Cold World Valdez Climbing Pack (40 L) $100

Made by cottage industry manufacturer, Cold Cold World in Jackson, NH

Shipping (not included) from Bozeman, MT

MSRP is $175, selling for $100

Had this pack made with some customization by Randy (owner of CCW) 2 years ago as I was attempting to improve a few of the designs on his already amazing standard Valdez pack.

Wanting the ability to streamline the pack and have a bit more 4 season use,  I had him remove the straps and buckles for the crampons and ice tools, and in its place replaced with elastic cord that can be easily removed, borrowing from the form and function of the Arc'teryx Alpha FL pack.  I live in Bozeman and had a friend who works in the warranty department at Mystery Ranch get me some of the metal tool attachment points from the Skyline 17 pack to keep my ice tools in place.  And lastly I had Randy/CCW slightly adjust the back length / strap location to be absolutely perfect with cranking my head up with a full pack and not being limited while climbing.... oh! and had the pack made in a charcoal color cordura, as opposed to the standard royal blue.

Only reason for selling is I need the cash for a trip I'm trying to put together last minute.  It's a 10/10 pack with no issues or even really sign of wear or use.

I think one could argue the Valdez is one of the best, utilitarian alpine climbing packs available. Built like a brick sh*t house.

http://www.coldcoldworldpacks.com/valdez.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.