La Sportiva Mountaineering Boots sz 43 $250, Grivel X-Monster Ice/Dry Tools $200

Good pair of full-shank mountaineering boots with integrated gaiter. Full wraparound rubber welt and sole, well-insulated, and light. I forget the name of the model. A few years old and used, but in great shape - Superfeet insoles and the tread is very good as these boots were often used with crampons.

One tape repair on ankle instep of left boot, but I have honestly never had a single problem with moisture or warmth in these. Only selling because I have another couple of pairs that fit their activities better than these. I used these for ice climbing and all sorts of winter pursuits.

Grivel X Monster tools are perfect for steep ice climbing and/or dry-tooling. I mostly used them for dry-tooling, as the shaft is basically a single piece of bomber-proof steel that just doesn't bend no matter what kind of torque load. The picks are in excellent shape - always cared for and recently sharpened by yours truly. Shafts are wrapped in rubber tape for grip.

They are a bit on the heavier side and are a few years old, but I haven't really ever put them to steady use and they're ready for a new life of adventure. Get a pair of aggressive, modern tools for half the cost of new!

Buyer pays shipping, local pickup available.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags