WTB, Have to buy, NEED to buy, a SIMOND TOUCAN.

MP, I come to you in utter desperation, I am sincerely at wits end. Two and a half years ago I walked into The Gear Room in SLC and stumbled upon what may be the greatest belay device ever conceived, nay the greatest belay device that is conceivable, the T O U C A NI was bewitchedby the breathtaking brilliant blue body of this beautiful belay bauble, sat staring stupified at the scintillating sultry swinging section and subtle spring that so swore smooth safety when swiftly lowering a second. It was love at first sight and we were inseperable, we would visit new gyms together and frighten the staff when taking a belay test, we spent much time together making new partners uncomfortable because of their unfamiliarirty with his 9 moving parts as opposed to the zero that normal modern belay devices had, I would brag at dinner parties and weddings, funerals and formals about the 0kn clip hole that has undoubtedly been the death of at least one person, we were there for each other pitch after pitch, rhodo belay after rhodo belay, tower after tower.

And then, tragedy. 

In Yosemite, Sam (his christian name, his legal name, the name for all others but I, is Samuel) and I had just summitted Higher Cathedral Spire, an absolutely effortless ascent with Sam by my side as per usual. On the rappells my dear brother, the device with which I had grown so close, squeaked, squawked and screamed in a way that I could not ignore. For his safety more than my own I have resigned him to a well lit and prestigious place on my peg board, with a good view of the rest of the gear so that they can share with him the adventures we go on and he can live vicariously through them. He is simply too advanced in age, his time has come to a close and I have nothing now but a Toucan Sam shaped hole in my heart. 

I have called every consignment shop in the country (to my knowledge, no doubt I missed one or two), I have reached out to countless guide services and have combed the internet with a microscopically fine toothed comb. I saw one for sale a year or so ago on ebay but I had no need for it then. Getting desperate.

TL:DR I had a Simond TOUCAN, I liked it a lot, I want to replace it with a newer one. Plz help.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags