PIF: Vasque Scree 2.0 UltraDry Low hiking shoes, size US12M

Hi Trailspace community members:

Low mileage!  One Owner!  Only used by grandma on weekends!  (kidding about that last one, haha)

I have a pair of Vasque Scree 2.0 Low-cut hiking shoes looking for a good home ... strike that, "trail".  The alternative (and easier for me) if nobody is interested is to give them to Goodwill.  But I would like to offer them to the TS community first.

I included the PIF FAQ below to ensure there is no confusion about the terms.  My additional qualifications are noted here:

- recipient must not have come here specifically to obtain this item (e.g. must have at least "several" forum posts

- this item is NOT for resale.  It's for use by (or as a gift from) the recipient.

These shoes are "special" to me because I wore them on my (230mi+ with side trips) John Muir Trail through-hike in 2012.  I bought them in early 2012.  I had some foot issues early on, as most JMT'ers do, but later in the trip, once they & my feet adapted, I would say they were actually comfortable.  I also used them on a handful of weekend trips last summer.  But my feet must have spread (grown?), because I can no longer use them without causing serious toe issues (blackened/failed/replaced toenails). 

These are a size US12M.  IMO, they look better in person than in the photos.

There is considerable wear in the soles, but they certainly have a lot of life left.  The insoles are the original Vasque inserts ... never been used!  I used Superfeet Orange insoles in these shoes but moved them to another pair of shoes.

This particular Vasque model is exclusive to REI.  For more details please see their page here:  http://www.rei.com/product/836964/vasque-scree-20-low-ultradry-hiking-shoes-mens

You can figure shipping to your location from zip code 94114;  the shoes weigh about 42 oz, plus the weight of a box.  I will ship these ONLY within the US.  Payment for shipping must be via PayPal (no checks, etc).

It will be a bit sad to see them go, but life goes on ...

--

PIF FAQ from Trailspace:

PIF is "Pay It Forward." When you have extra gear or want to help a Trailspacer who can use it these rules apply.            

You put the gear you want to PIF in the classified section and list these rules:

1. Recipient has to just pay shipping, which is actual, non-inflated cost.
  2. Recipient must list a piece of gear which is equal or lesser value as another PIF.
  3. Recipient must be a member in good standing.
  4. PIF item needs to be listed 24 hour  before your item ships.  [i don't really care about this one, as long as you're a regular TS member in good standing, not someone who showed up today to get a free pair of shoes]
  5. List PIF rules when you post your item.
  6. Gear must be serviceable and can be used, but not broken.
  7. Person who PIFed can ask for a donation to a listed org on the website here at Trailspace in lieu of a PIF item you might not have. Access Fund would be an example.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags