Free-standing backyard woody and holds for pickup in San Diego--Wall is free!

The situation + my ask

I'm getting priced out of my place in Solana Beach, and with a very heavy heart, I am listing my freestanding woody for pickup for free here. Basic breakdown is as follows:

• The wall (pictured), extra lumber, extra plywood sheet, ~100 extra t-nuts, and 3 volumes as a package--Free, just bring your effort, your friends to help disassemble/carry, and truck capacity. You may make extra trips as needed. I just need it gone by the end of the month, or it (even more unfortunately) will have to go to scrap.
  • A huge collection of synrock holds of all varieties, plus plated mounting hardware--$350. If you're taking it with the whole wall, $300 flat
  • If you take it all without hassle, negotiation, etc, you can have my sets of tape I used to mark the wall, as well as the slightly rusty allen keys I find super useful for setting. Do not use power tools on the holds, and do not over-torque them. They will break.
  • If you take the wall, I wouldn't mind an invite to a Friday night session every once in a while. No pressure at all here, I've just been out of the scene post-surgery, and most of my friends have moved away. I just want to see it go to someone who will climb on it a ton, and I figured a free wall might be a good way to get climbing friends again.

The wall--free for pickup

This is the second one I've built (and said goodbye to). It is 8' x 12' of climbing surface, and has roughly a 6" grid drilled through the whole thing. All lumber is treated, and the wall surface is 3/4" birch ply. ~33 degree overhang kept me busy, but wasn't so difficult I couldn't use some of the smaller holds as a mortal. Runners at the base are just about 10' long, and it's about 10.5' high. You can climb as dynamically as you want, and the thing doesn't wobble a bit. The volumes are high-quality and made the wall way more interesting. There's probably $350 in treated lumber alone here.

As mentioned above, if you take the wall off my hands without hassle, you get the volumes (professionally made and were probably $100 in all), my extra plywood sheet (about 7' left and has had sections harvested), an extra 8' x 2" x 4" beam (useful for blocks/supports as needed), and all my extra T-nuts, as well as a box of nice wood screws + torx bits if I can turn them up. 

It's heavy, and I had hip surgery. I can assist somewhat with disassembly, but you'll likely need friends, and a truck. Honestly, a U-Haul wouldn't be a terrible idea. I'm not asking a dollar for this thing, just your effort.

The holds

Will add pics of the hold collection this evening. Basically, I have about double or triple what you see up on the wall, and a ton of variety. I recommend anyone building a woody to use these holds as long as the dude still makes them. https://www.synrockholds.com/ The guy who makes them is legit, and has a pretty sweet YouTube channel as well. As mentioned above, $350 if you take them separately, $300 if you take them with the wall. I feel this is a super fair deal with or without the wall, as he had to increase his pricing, and it sounded like he had a huge backlog a while ago (as with many things). Also comes with a jar full of plated hardware sized for the holds. You will never run out of bolts, or variety of moves, I promise you. 

If you have any questions, DM me, reply to this thread, or text me (Andrew) at two19 two46 seven882. (Why do we still do this? Aren't the bots scraping pages for phone numbers in 2022 smart enough to see through my thinly veiled number?)

Thanks again. Landlords, man... They smile at you and jack your rent up $700 in the same breath.

Detail

Tags