ZPacks Cuben Standard Hammock Tarp

I am selling a ZPacks Cuben Tarp - Standard Hammock Tarp. I obtained this tarp from another HF member in well used condition. This tarp is one of the original ZPacks tarps, made before they started doing taped seams and bonding the tie outs. The tarp has a 130” ridgeline and is 97” wide. (10’10” x 8’1”). The bottom edge length (between the tie outs) is 106”. It has 3 tie-outs along the bottom edge and there are two pull-outs on each side. It does NOT have doors. The tarp weighs 7.42 oz. (new version info here) I am selling the tarp alone—no rigging (tie-outs or ridge lines). As I mentioned, the tarp was well used and was showing wear. The Cuben fiber material at the ridgeline tie-out panels was showing some stretching and pulling apart of the the Cuben fibers at the stitch holes. It had also developed several small pinhole leaks at the side tie-outs and along the ridgeline stitch line. The tarp has been extensively rehabilitated. I emailed Joe (ZPacks) pictures of the ridgeline and tie outs and he felt that it would be easily repairable with his Cuben repair tape and that tape sealing the inner surface of the seams should stop any leaks. So after applying many yards of the ZPacks repair tape the tarp is back to functioning condition. Ridgeline tie-outs: These were originally sewn without bonding or tape and the Cuben had begun to pull and separate at the stitch line in a few places.. The entire tie-out panel was heavily reinforced on both the outer and inner surface with Cuben repair tape at both ends of the tarp. The tarp ends are now very substantial feeling and show no signs of stretch or weakness when under load. Ridgeline: The previous owner seam sealed the outer surface of the ridge line seam with a bit extra sealant. There are several small globs but no runs. As the ridge line was showing a few pinhole leaks, the entire ridgeline seam was taped with Cuben fiber tape along the inner surface. This not only prevents any leaks, but further strengthens the ridgeline. You could further clean up the outside seam by gently teasing off the remaining sealer with a fingernail. There is still a very small amount of give along the ridge line that disappears when the bottom middle pullouts are used. Side pullouts: These were not showing any wear or stress, but they were leaking a bit, so the inner surface was taped over to strengthen and waterproof the area. Corner tie-outs: These were not showing any wear or stress, but a piece of repair tape was added to each for reinforcement. The tarp passed my sprinkler and hose spray test with no leaks or drips. I’ve had it out in moderate wind with no problems. The sides and the bottom middle tie-out really anchor this tarp down. It is plenty comfortable for my 11 foot hammocks. Please take a look at the pictures and ask if you have questions. I have more pictures and can provide additional images or information as needed. This is not a like-new/pristine tarp, it is in well used and repaired condition and the price reflects that. It is however, a very well functioning CUBEN tarp. It does not leak and with the reinforcements it should provide years of service. I am asking $140 shipped CONUS, paypal per HF terms. So while it may not be the prettiest, you are getting fully functioning 130” ridgeline CUBEN tarp that weighs 7.4 oz for $140. It is perfect if you have been on the fence about Cuben but haven’t wanted to commit the $$, or if you looking to pick up a back up tarp, especially for the 3 seasons. Jason

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags