Roof crack machine (SOLD)

I'm moving into an apartment without a garage, which means that sadly I must get rid of my roof crack simulator. My friend and I built it as a winter training / covid boredom project. Some pictures are below. It's non-adjustable. One end is freestanding and we screwed the other end to the frame of the garage, which would be easy to do in a new location, but you could probably build a second freestanding end for it too.

The jams are a mix of fists, cupped hands, and a bit of tight hands. Some of the jam sizes have names and records (see below). It's kind of unforgiving - hanging with 1 or 2 hands and both feet in as long as you can is a pretty good workout. Linking moves is hard but possible. We've definitely had fun with it and would love to see it live on.

The crack is in Menlo Park. I am happy giving it for free to anyone who actually has space for it and can get it out of here. We're happy to help disassemble and pack it. The beams are ~12' long. We got the planks back from home depot in a prius with the trunk tied partway open, so I think a similarly sized car and some rope could probably move the main crack section as well. DM me if you're interested! It will be available until Sunday the 20th and then we'll probably have to cut it up and get rid of it.

Detail

Tags