PIF: Tarptent Squall Classic. Fixer-upper.

I have an older (10 years old?), two-person Tarptent (Squall Classic?) with the sewn-in floor and the optional pole.

I've come to realize I'm never going to get around to repairing it. It's yours if you can pick it up in Oakland, CA or if you can pay my postage to have it shipped to you.

I'd prefer that it goes to someone who is short on funds, can't afford a new tent.

It's a fixer. The zipper is broken and I tore the netting above the zip while attempting (and failing) to install a new slider (provided to me kindly and for free from Henry at Tarptent). So I installed velcro all the way up and down where the zipper was. It's up to you to stick with the velcro or try to re-install a zipper.

Here are some other notes I took a year or two ago, noting the fixes I still haven't done:

"One tiny hole in mesh on side. One big hole in mesh at top of zipper. Peak where pole has broken through needs reinforcing. With tip of trekking pole going through the yellow triangle, attach Velcro along top closure of fly."

- Elizabeth

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags