Big Closet Clean FS: Patagonia, Rail Riders, Sierra Designs, LLBean, Chaco, more

I’m cleaning out my closet of stuff that doesn’t fit quite right or is redundant with other gear, slowly chipping away at saving up for a tent stove. Of course, if you want to trade me your tent stove for any of these items, that’s cool, but I probably shouldn’t hold my breath. Pics below text. Prices include shipping in the US.

1) Rail Riders Original Weatherpants, Men Small. $18.

These are the original, discontinued Weatherpants (which became the Bushwacker Weatherpants). They have the coveted velcro cuffs (loose velcro has been sewn back down by me) and they don’t have Insect Shield treatment (but you could send them to Insect Shield to have it applied). The side-adjustment buckles on the waist have been carefully removed to use a regular belt (not included). I really like these pants, but even though my small Eco-Mesh work for me, the patterning of the reinforced knees on these just doesn’t line up with my actual knees. Curse of the vertically challenged.

2. Patagonia Cap 2 men’s XS t-shirt. 2 tone orange. $12

I’m not an XS.

2 tiny holes on the sleeve have been sewed up. See pics.

3. LL Bean Nylon fishing shirt, men small $15

Nice plaid, good armor for mosquitos. I just have enough bug shirts.

4. The North Face nylon hiking shorts. 32″ waist. $12. I never hike in shorts any more due to ticks. Plus I’ve lost a couple inches off my waist. Some slight discoloring around the pockets, but great hiking-worthy condition.

5. Sierra Designs Pack Polo, Short Sleeve, Men’s Small, Titanium color. $30. Discontinued. I love my bigger (medium) version of this shirt, especially for biking. This is a super slim fit and really feels more like a men’s XS (like the Cap2 above) to me. Brand new in the bag.

6. Chacos Women’s Size 6($40) and Kids Size 1M ($30). Ordered a few sizes to try out. Sale was final/ no returns. Oops. Brand new condition; only tried on.

7. Little Kids’ backpacks. 1 excellent condition Marmot Half-Pint ($20) with padded shoulder straps, 2 Kelty Kids backpacks with a mesh back pocket and side water bottle pockets and simple webbing shoulder straps ($10 for 1 or $15 for both).

8. FREE (Just pay shipping): Kammok Mantis Winter Barrier. Mantis Hammock system not included. This is just the Winter Barrier, which only mates with the Kammok regular or UL Mantis. This didn’t work for me, but YMMV. I’m using a breathable, full winter sock for my hammock from here on out.

9. FREE (Just pay shipping):  Men small Ex-Officio Boxer briefs. Shorter inseam (not the 6 inch). Bright green. Worn once and washed, didn’t like. Have moved to Saxx and not looking back. Maybe this is gross, but I’ve seen similar things in Gear Swap before, so who are we to judge? Some people love these, and they’re pricey.

10. Eureka! Solitaire 1P tent. $35. Surprisingly good tent. Suggest replacing the poles with aluminum ones from Tentpole Technologies or MYOG ones from Quest Outfitters. This was given to me after being used once, but I don’t need another 1P tent. I like mine.

11. Book: Trail Tested by Trauma (Justin Lichter). $10. Read it. (Not reddit).

12. Kelty Ruckus 28 L Daypack, panel loader. $50. Discontinued. Super thoughtfully designed, light (1lb, 7oz) dayback with an S-curve molded frame sheet, hip belt pockets, shove-it pocket, water bottle pockets, trekking pole holders, external hydration bladder sleeve. Bought it for my wife (it’s her favorite color) but she didn’t like the fit.

13. 3 cable-knit fisherman’s sweaters. LL Bean, JCrew. OK, maybe this is weird for BPL, but maybe this is the perfect gift for your favorite bushcrafting, wool-loving outdoorsman. I wore the exact same model to the LL Bean natural one throughout a winter semester in Sweden, and was happy to have it when I travelled up to the Arctic Circle. This one is newer and has been freshly dry cleaned–fantastic condition. $50. The other 2 are $25 each and have a little bit of pilling but it’s hardly noticeable with the style of knit. $75 takes all three. I find all of them a little too boxy for me (meant for layering) and so I never wear them.

Thanks!

-Greg