FS: Tarptent Scarp 2

I’m consolidating my quiver of Tarptents, and have two for sale: a 2018 Scarp 2 (this listing) and a 2013 Double Rainbow (see separate listing).

The Scarp 2 is in excellent condition, and has only been used on two occasions since purchased new in 2018, a long weekend high on Mt. Baker and a three week trip in Iceland. The tent has been stored indoors. The only blemish is a tear in the silnylon stuff sack (see photo) that occured during the Iceland trip. The tent includes a solid interior, the two optional aluminum cross poles (for stability in high winds), six 8″ Easton Nano Nail stakes, and all stuff sacks. The tent was factory seam sealed, which I reinforced (unncessarily, I think) in several places). The actual weight of this tent on my scale, with all components is 80.5 oz. On both trips, the tent endured strong winds, rain and snow with ease and was very comfortable for 2 people with gear for a week. Only the lighter-weight promise of the Stratospire 2 Li for high alpine conditions allows me to put this one up for sale.

The tent, as available here, retails new for $434 (and is currently unavailable). I’m asking $300, including shipping (Paypal F&F). 

Scarp 2 Zipped

Scarp 2 Open

Scarp 2 Rip in Stuff Sack

Scarp 2 ready to pack

Scarp 2 on scale

Scarp 2 in Iceland