Tarptent Moment SW

Trying to finance some purchases I've already made. (that's the way grown-ups do it, right?)

Tarptent Moment Single Wall with crossover pole, $160 shipped CONUS.

This is an older tent that I purchased here- my first light/UL purchase and a good one! It's a single wall, but behind the vestibule is bug netting for plenty of ventilation. It's kind of a 1.5 wall. The floor can be laid flat for ventilation or picked up on mitten hooks for splash protection. The ends open for ventilation or close for warmth. I've been in one terrifying thunder storm where there was a little misting typical of silnylon, but less terrifying storms did not mist through. With all the ventilation options, I've had very little problem with condensation, even in the rainy PNW. And when you do get condensation the roomy interior keeps the wet well away from you and your gear. Weighs about 40oz on my fairly crude postal scale, including the crossover pole and two Easton nails (included).

The cons: The stuff sack is blowing out at the bottom. I repaired it with some Tenacious Tape, but it should be re-sewn. There is an abraded area on the zipper flap where it got caught and pulled out. There is also a small hole in the vestibule where an ice axe got too close. Neither of these are in the main living area of the tent, and could be easily patched with tome TTape if you wanted.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags