FS: Zpacks Triplex tent.

We bought this Triplex new from Zpacks in April 2017. It’s in like-new condition. It was used for about 7 nights (for a trip over Bishop Pass in the High Sierra).

My wife has given up backpacking recently. I’m still at it (we’re in our 70’s), but these days my preferred tent is an REI QD-1.

It looks to me like this version of the Triplex is identical to what Zpacks is selling now, for $699, but you might want to check with Zpacks to be sure. I notice that it uses the same length optional poles (48″). My digital scales shows the tent weight, including all cords, as 24 oz. vs. 22.5 oz. for the claimed weight for a new one as per the Zpacks website. That difference might be within the expected margin of error.

We bought the carbon fiber poles so that we could leave the tent standing while using our hiking poles on layover days. Zpack price is $29 each. Let me know if you want them and I’ll include them for free. There are two of them, and they weigh 2.8 oz. each.

I can also include a 50′ length of Z-Line Cord (2 mm, costs $15 new from Zpacks), and a 1.3 oz. ground sheet.

This Triplex has no holes or tears, no repairs, and has all it’s cords and line locks. Zippers work like new. No stakes included.

I sold a number of items on the Gear Swap forum in spring 2017 (a Duplex, an OR jacket, etc.) All buyers were completely satisfied.

Price is $400 plus shipping.

–Al

Windsor, California

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags