FS Six Moon Designs Skyscape X - SINGLE DOOR - Cuben Fiber - Brand New with extras and upgrades - $575

Six Moon Designs Skyscape X - Cuben Fiber Tent - NEW! $575

Brand New with extras - 5 titanium stakes - Polycro footprint - upgraded with mini linelocks and triptease guy lines + triptease zipper pulls

All original + stuff sack - a very roomy solo tent (23 sq. feet + an additional 16 sq. feet of vestibule space) ...and weighs just 15.6 ounces!

If you are reading this then you probably already know what the Skyscape X is... one of the most amazing and lightest backpacking tent ever designed. I bought this new from Six Moon Designs intending on going on a big through hike--but never did the hike.

This tent is incredibly light at 15.6 ounces total including the tent, guy lines, even the stuff sack. It is made out of super strong and light cuben fiber. It is also crazy expensive... and almost never available because as soon as a batch is made it is sold out. It did tons of research before deciding on this particular tent, and then had to wait almost 8 months before it was finally in stock (purchased in 2013). The tent was listed as "sold out" by the end of the day! I hate to let it go, but since I'm not taking my big trip I can't justify the money that's tied up in it.

The tent is new--actually better than new because it has a couple of custom upgrades. First is that the "non critical" seams that did not come pre-sealed have been all been very carefully sealed. Also the stake-out points have been upgraded to line-lock adjusters (they can be removed if you want, but the weight difference is incredibly small). The line locks make adjusting the guy lines a breeze, and makes set up much easier as well. Additionally the guy lines have been upgraded to heavier duty reflective Triptease instead of the micro thin line included with the tent. The thicker line is not only more visible but also much easier to handle and adjust--all for just a fractional weight gain. The original line is included with this package in case you want to revert back to completely stock. Triptease zipper pulls have also been added (instead of the tiny pull tabs that came stock)

The tent has been set up to confirm that it is intact with no damage. There is none... the tent is in NEW condition.

Also included are 5 titanium stakes (1.5 ounces total), as well as a custom cut polycro ground cloth that weighs an incredible 1.5 ounces. In case you haven't seen the Polycro sold at Gossamer Gear, it is a super tough plastic that can last for many uses as long as it is treated gently. Best of all it is only 1/3 the weight of even the lightest silnylon ground cloths of similar size.

Exact weights: tent (15.6 oz); 5 stakes (1.5 oz) and groundcloth (1.5 oz) for a grand total of 18.6 ounces! You will not find a lighter or better designed tent anywhere.

**Note: this is the single door model, which is why it weighs 1 ounce less than the 2-door model you see on the six moon designs website. You may be able to pay and have the tent upgraded to two doors but I never saw it as an issue and prefer the weight savings.

**Note #2: this tent does not come with poles, as it assumes you will use your trekking poles instead of dedicated ones. If you want you can buy poles from Six Moon Designs-- again I preferred the weight savings and was planning on using my trekking poles.

**Note #3: yes the tent is "wrinkled" and that is because it is the nature of the super tough cuben fiber. That is exactly how it arrives from Six Moon Designs. Simply put cuben fiber has a wrinkled look when it is not under tension. Rest assured the tent has been properly stored (loosely in a cotton sack) and not abused in any way.

Please ask if you have any questions. I am basically looking to recover my $575 investment (tent + shipping). I am throwing in the line lock and Triptease upgrades as well as the titanium stakes and polycro footprint for free (worth another $50 or so + lots of labor). Basically you are getting a better-than-new Skyscape X...and best of all you can have it right now instead of waiting for them to be back in stock!

Bid with confidence! You will have 14 days to inspect the tent to confirm it is exactly as described. If you are not 100% satisfied I will refund your money. The tent must be returned in the same unused/new condition.

Insured FedEx Ground Shipping to any Continental USA address is $12 or you can inspect/pick up the tent for free if you are in the Hermosa Beach CA area.

Manufacturer's website: www.sixmoondesigns.com