FS: Heavy Duty Backpacking Meal Bags

Once upon a time I had a gourmet dehydrated backpacking meal business and now I’m finally getting around to dealing with the 1100 bags I’ve been ignoring since I closed the business a couple years ago. The bags are clear, 6″x9.37″x3.25″, weigh 10g, have a ziplock style closure, and I believe they are 5 mil thick (STURDY!). They have a gusseted flat bottom so they will stand up on their own. I am 98% sure that I purchased from the same manufacturer that Packit Gourmet uses (this bag matches what they sell as “medium” for $.89/each). The supplier couldn’t tell me that these bags were approved for use with boiling water since they themselves hadn’t tested them for that (at the time I purchased them anyway), but did tell me that the Boy Scouts of America were their largest customer for the product. I imagine Packit Gourmet did additional testing, their website states that the bags have been approved for pouring boiling water into the bag over food, but NOT for submerging the bag in boiling water for an extended period. Now you know as much as I know :)

So…I have 22 bundles of 50 bags each available. Each bundle weighs just under 18oz, and I’ll be mailing from Utah. I’d like $18 per bundle ($.36 per bag) plus actual shipping costs, although I’m willing to negotiate if you want several bundles.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags