PIF ZPacks 2011 Hexamid Solo Tent (w/screen) and Extended Beak, CF Groundsheet

Originally purchased from ZPacks:

April 2011 – Hexamid Solo Tent (w/ screen) and Extended Beak. Weight: 9.1 oz. Color: Olive Drab.

July 2012 – Solo Cuben Fiber Groundsheet (2.7 oz), Color: Black.

This tent takes a single trekking pole (set to ~48″) and has a single half-moon door with two zippers that meet at the apex of the door. Most tent seams I taped later using cuben tape from ZPacks. Tent has all eight of its original guy lines attached. Groundsheet has all six of its elastic cords with mitten hooks and cord locks. Comes with original cuben fiber stuff sack for the tent – both the tent and the groundsheet can be rolled up and fit into the stuff sack if you fold them right.

You will need to supply your own tent stakes and trekking pole.

Longest uses in the last 5 years: 6 nights on the JMT in 2014, 4 nights in the Rawah Wilderness in 2017, and 4 nights in the Comanche Peak Wilderness in 2018.

Offering it because I never mastered the art of getting a taut pitch, want something larger (at 6′ tall it always felt cramped for me but I was more accommodating of that at the time) and I’m no longer as limber as I used to be (at my height being flexible was really important to getting into and out of this tent.)

Pay for shipping based on destination. Paypal only.

Pictures uploaded upon request – will have to dig through several hard drives to find them.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags