Sitka core hoody, First Lite, Seek Outside, See to Summit, Bare Boxer

$50 – Sitka core light weight hoody, size medium, used maybe 10 days and in like new condition. I’m 5’10”, 180 lbs., and it’s a slimmer fit, but not super tight. It is clearly a better shirt (wicking, drying) than the other cheap poly ones I’ve got, but those won’t fetch any money, so in the name of reducing the wardrobe it’s going.

$50 – First Lite Halstead Tech Fleece, size medium, used 20-ish days. Sized generously to fit over other layers. 12 oz. Like new condition other than some pilling where my backpack shoulder strap rubbed. It doesn’t look any thinner there or worn, the material just pills for some reason. I have an old thrift store fleece that gets the job done. No reason to keep this around.

$60 – Seek Outside Day Talon, X21 gray x-pac fabric, 10oz when you take the shoulders straps off and use it as a compression panel. They don’t make this anymore, which is a shame. I loved it but ended up sewing my own compression panel/daypack for my Seek Outside frame, so it was only used about 10 days. It’s like new. That’s a 32oz gatorade bottle in the pocket for size reference.

$20 – Sea to Summit 70L Ultra Sil pack liner, listed at 3.4 oz on their website. I just don’t use this anymore since I’ve gone to homemade pack bags with waterproof materials. It works as advertised.

$60 – Bare Boxer Champ. Everything works as it should. Doesn’t look like it’s currently available for sale through the bareboxer dot com website. This is the larger version than what they have for sale. They advertise 1 week of food for a solo hiker. My wife and I did 3 days in this packing like fools and weren’t cramped. I live in Montana and Ursack is allowed everywhere so it’s what I use. I used to work in Kings Canyon/Sequoia and this was the cheapest larger model available. The smaller version currently sells for $60 plus 12 shipping.

Also, I live outside of Helena, so if anyone local here in Montana wants to check this stuff out in person just let me know.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags