WTB (or even borrow) Some gear for a short hike.

Friend of mine is maybe 6 months into the trail. He'll be passing close to town and I'd like to join him for about a week or so.

I have lots of gear already which I use for my motorcycle camping trips. However most of it is not ultralight, but they are packable.

I'll be using some trail\water shoes, since I have em. Don't have any hiking boots and I don't think my 16" tall motorcycle boots would be too comfy on the trail....or would they, hmmm.

I think just a small 25-30 liter pack would suffice, preferably a military style one with lots of molle webbing since I have lots of lashable pouches I can use on the outside. If I could borrow something that would be even better.

Here's a list of what I use and have lying around for motorcycle trips.

Tent - Eureka Backcountry II custom model. Mine is mostly mesh, tan colored, uses ALL clips, no sleeves. Weighs about half a pound less than the standard. It will weight les when I remove the pins and convert the poles with end ferrules and mount brass rings in the corner webbing.

I also have an MSR Velo, but thats too much for one person on the trail, great to split against 2-3 people though, the vestibule is larger than the tent itself.

Sleeping bag - I have a few.
A Big Agnes Summit Park custom, uses 900 fill down instead of the 650 it usually comes with.
A Slumberjack 40 degree extra wide, I'm not a big guy, I just like the space.
What I will most likely take, a snugpak traveler. This thing packs tiny (compared to the above)

Sleeping pad is an Exped Synmat 9 DLX, I am really digging the BA qcore UL though....

Cooking stuff, I have LOTS of different stuff

GSI Hard Anodized extreme. Light weight of aluminum without worry about leeching.
A single MSR stowaway, 1.1l, sure its steel and heavy, but it doubles as a container.
MSR Black lite, medium sized set. Just can't find the lifter....
Snow Peak 700 with cheap chinese stove and custom windscreen.
Jetboil. I will most likely take the jetboil or the snow peak I've got plenty of knives, multi tools, synthetic clothing, e.t.c. I should be fine I think. Hell, I've lived on the playa for a month at a time with just the stuff I carried in on two wheels (ok so someone else brought in the water for me).

Any tips or hints would be great.