2004 Dodge Sprinter Conversion Van - New Motor only 10k miles

The first time I tried to list my van, I noticed that there was a report on it that the van had been salvaged. This is not correct. I have a letter from Geico, the company that made the report, as well as the paperwork that the van has been repaired. The van was never in an accident. I had a new harmonic balancer installed at Quirk Motors in Bangor Maine. They did the install incorrectly. After a few hundred miles, the balancer came off of the motor at highway speed and ruined the motor. After months of arguing with Quirk, their insurance company, Travelers, agreed to purchase and install a remanufactured motor, with zero miles, from Jaspar Engines. During those months, I spoke to my insurance company (Geico) to see what could be done. They said they would fix it for me. When they looked at the motor they told me that they could not source a motor and would be totaling out my van. I declined this offer. They filed the report that the van was totaled anyway. I still have a clean Illinois Title in hand. I tried to find a solution to this report with Geico for several weeks and they told me that I have a clean title and there should be no problems. At the time, they said they couldn't do anything. However, on 6/5 they finally submitted a request to Carfax to remove the incorrect report that said our van was a total loss and that we had gotten a check from them. I have an email from Geico stating that they did this, and they said it takes up to 14 business days for Carfax to remove the report that was submitted in error by Geico.  Now onto the van!The new motor and install where approximately $10,000. This motor also has a custom tune through Green Diesel Engineering which increased the overall fuel mileage. You will get the tuner with the van if you want to make it stock again but why would you do that? With AT tires full loaded we still get 22-25 mpg.. Motor has around 10000 miles on it. Van odometer has 200kI spent a year building this van out. I cannot tell you how much total money is invested in this van but, I can tell you whoever buys it will be getting a helluva deal. Spent the spring, summer, and part of the fall  of 2018 traveling with my wife in the van and she wants more space. So I am selling this van and have already built another set up. I will try to include everything I did but, I am sure I will miss something. I did a large amount of preventative maintenance as I thought I would be keeping the van for many many years.

Preventative parts for motor-
Turbo hoses upper and lower
Belts
Both idler pulleys
Tensioner pulley
Harmonic balancer
Starter
Main Battery
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Cabin Filter

Preventative parts for transmission-
Changed Fluid and filter
Replaced Transmission Pan
Replaced Transmission Conductor Plate- This has your speed sensor, controls, and valve bodys

Preventative parts for Steering and Suspension
Tie rod ends
Shocks front and back
Front wheel bearings
Rear wheel bearings I have but never install as it was just preventative. You can have them.
Tires are TA KO2 tires with full size spare that is rotated in every rotation. They have around 30k miles on them
Alignment

Pads and rotors front and back. They have about 30k miles on them now.
New Calipers in the front

Also replaced the brake light circuit boards since they looked like they were getting close to needing it.

Now the van interior build
Insulated with two layers of reflectix
Flooring is locking composite with reflectix and underlayment underneath
Plywood ceiling
8 Leds light separated into two zones- living area with under cabinet lights and sleeping area
Maxair MaxFan Deluxe
Sink with electric pump and on off switch.
6 gallon fresh water and 6 gallon waste water collection
Fridge
30a Charger controller with solenoid to separate from van battery when the key is off
Bus Fuse box with half of the slots still open
Curtains with reflectix inside
2 Mighty Max SLA AGM sealed solar batteries. 12v 100ah
Aftermarket stereo- This is old. It does the job but if I kept it I would upgrade.
Alpine TypeS speakers front and rear
Inside the garage are 4 shelves for tote storage and holds two bikes in the center with seats removed. The bed platform lifts up for easy access.
The sleeping area and kitchen area are both cabinet grade ¾ plywood and custom built. The bed has a dresser style storage on the top half and a storage area underneath. The sleeping platform holds a queen size bed easily or you could get a king size and cut it down a bit. Everything in the van excluding the mattress get closed inside a cabinet or strapped down for safety. No open platform with everything jumbling around.
Van has an accessory A/C and heater in the back. Websato. The AC will make your head hurt when it is on high.

Bad bits-
The step in areas on both drives and passenger sides are forming rust and will need to be cut out and new metal put in. Still functional but not perfect.
The controller  screen for the rear heater and block heater needs replace. AC runs and works separate.
There is a visible wear mark on the driver side rubber floor from foot while driving.
The passenger side vents have the louvers broken out
Dent in the upper rear body of the van from backing into low hanging building. Use a ground guide folks!
The front window has a crack in the lower right hand side as of last week.

ASKING PRICE - $25,000 OBO. Requesting $500 deposit via Paypal, and then the rest of the payment when it's picked up. Must be picked up within 7 days. 

Detail

Tags