[WTS] 8 UL cook kits 2.2oz - $35 shipped + 3% PayPal G & S fee. Stove, windscreen, pot stand and insulated cup /lid

I have 8 more sets completed. I hate doing it, but I have to raise my price just a bit. The materials don't cost much, but my time is costly. I don't just throw these together as quickly as I can. I take the time to do it right, and I think it shows. I'm offering something a bit different this time .... colored Duck Tape on the cups. I have a purple, orange, silver and standard duck tape grey. I decided to leave 4 cups blank and let you chose your own color for your cup. Please limit your choice to the picture of tape from Wal-Mart included in the post. Cups are constructed the same way. Kraft Easy Mac cups with Reflectix hot glued to the side and bottom. The lid is a piece of Reflectix cut to cover the top of the cup. There's no lip or sip hole. Just place a small rock on top to hold it in place. The cups will retain a good amount of heat. Easily enough to steep tea or use a pour over style coffee filter and still have a steaming hot cup when it's ready.

Now for the technical stuff. I'm doing my test burns now with what I feel to be more useful information than the usual "How Long It Takes To Reach A Boil". IMHO this is pretty useless info. This doesn't tell you how much fuel you need to heat your water to a sufficient temperature for rehydrating a meal (you really don't need a full boil). It also doesn't give you a clue how much fuel you'll need for a 4 day trip with 2 hot meals per day. What I'm doing now is a test burn with 1/2oz or 15ml of fuel heating 2 cups of water. I chose 1/2oz because all of my stoves will heat water to a temp that will rehydrate just about any meal you might have with you, and do it quickly. Most of my stoves will have your water ready in under 5 minutes, using only 1/2oz of fuel. Several of them will give you a full boil in under 5 minutes. I have a couple stoves that sip the fuel a bit slower and take a full 5 minutes to burn through 1/2oz but the water gets just as hot as the faster stoves. And, 1/2oz is an easy number to calculate how much fuel you'll need for a trip. I write the results on the bottom of the stove for your convenience.

Verification https://imgur.com/gallery/j0SeG2f

Wal-Mart's colored Duck Tape selection https://imgur.com/gallery/2j3MYjb

Detail

Tags