[WTS] MYOG costco down quilt w/pad straps (465g)

This is NOT professional sewing. This was my first MYOG project. I put a lot of work into this quilt and it's what allowed me backpack last spring before I was able to buy anything more expensive. Made from a costco quilt, grosgrain, elastic, cam snaps, and buckles.

I ripped all the horizontal baffles (except one at the foot box) and sewed loops on for buckles, footbox, clips, and neck cord. It can unsnap into a blanket as well. I think there is potential for someone to make this work for them! It's 60 x 70 so the length is perfect for me at 5'6. I think it's too wide and the down tends to migrate-- had ideas on how I wanted to make it better (do some more surgery, buy/cannibalize more down, etc). The pad straps would just tie around your pad-- I never got around to sewing them. I had never owned a quilt or seen one so I just put this together based on pictures and videos of other quilts online.

Now that I have a 20 degree UGQ quilt, I really don't see myself using this. I thought maybe I would but it really was never warm enough even at 45 degrees so I think it's best suited for 50 degrees and up unless you are a warmer sleeper (ps. I'm an average female sleeper).

edit: used less than 10 nights, always stored in a cotton pillowcase

pics

Shipping to US, paypal -- $55

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags