FS: Gregory Cassin Internal Frame Pack - Cavernous 110 Liters Load Hauler - Size Large

In 1977, Wayne Gregory applied revolutionary internal frame pack design concepts of the contoured profile, ergonomic hip belt, side zippers, taped seams and an adjustable suspension with production of the Cassin. The pack continued to evolve over the years and was the predecessor to the Denali Pro. Up for sale is the final production model with 2 side entry zippers supplementing content access to this top loading, multiple day expedition class pack. I'm searching to determine the final year of production. Early 90's?

The pack is in excellent, lightly used condition. There are no cuts, tears, abrasions, loose stitching or worn areas. The exception is the polyurethane fabric coating has deteriorated and is peeling in its entirety. It removes easily and rolls right up cleanly and without residue. Very common issue with all older coatings on tents, rain gear, etc. I have begun the work and all will be removed before shipping. No worries though as a new Gregory pack rain cover comes with the purchase.

Features:

- 6,100 cubic inches, 110 liters. Size large may be a bit more but I'm unsure.

- Pack and hipbelt are a size large. Fits torso length approximately 18 - 21 inches. Padded section of hip belt measurement is 34 inches. Add about 11 inches for the adjustable webbing sections.

- 8 ounce pack cloth, #10 YKK heavy duty zipper. Extremely well built, heavy duty pack for extremes albeit heavy by today's standards. Weighs in at about 6 pounds. Working on getting the exact listed weight. Ray Jardine's concepts in lightning pack weight were introduced around 1983 but the 2 design concepts continued to exist side by side for years with adherents of each.

- Suspension is 2 internal contoured aluminum stays and padded back panel. Dual density foam padded ergonomic hipbelt.

– Top lid pocket, main body and zippered lower sleeping bag compartments. Lid converts to a fanny pack or can be left behind for reduced weight. Side entry zippers on the main compartment. The top lid panel  has lashing points for attaching crampons.

– Extension/sealing skirt.

- Included are 2 large, about 800 cubic inch each detachable accessory water/fuel bottle pockets and 2 removable front pockets that piggyback. 1 of nylon pack cloth the other with mesh.These add more cubic inches to pack volume. Use with or without as needed.

– Daisy chains and ice axe loops.

- I call the color colbolt blue........... blue with a slightly purplish tint.

Asking $200.00 plus cost of shipping. FFPP or please add 3%

Coating to be peeled off.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags