BD Alpine Carbon Corks & Ultra Distance (130cm)

The BD carbon corks have seen a lot of use and they look like it. Scratches and scuffs etc, but they should last many more years. Super burly pole. I took the straps off and put them back on. Not sure if I got them quite right, because I can't figure out how to adjust them, but they are on there. $45 with shipping
edit: the corks have sold
The ultra distance I bought last august (2012 model) from REI. They've seen a decent amount of use, but are in pretty good shape still. I think these are definitely a step up in durability from the very lightest poles (GG and Ti Goat). They come with the carbide tips installed. I wore through the plastic ones' but you can order more from BD if you prefer those. $50 with shipping
These come free with about a foot and a half bonus strand of gorilla tape pre-wrapped around the top of one pole. Score.

Buy them both together for $90

I really like both these poles, but I was looking for something a little longer (for bc skiing) than the corks, and stiffer than the Ultra distance, and I think I found it in the new komperdell carbon varios. Sorry for the crappy phone pics

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags