FS: SMD Refuge shelter

For sale:

Six Moon Designs Refuge two-person floored shelter in silnylon, 24.4 oz including tent and stuffsack on my scale - for the BPL review go to: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/sixmoon_refuge_refugex.html

Sets up with 2 trekking poles (not included), 2 poles from SMD (not included), or can be suspended from trees using cords. Here's a picture of it set up in that way on a car camp:

(this would be an ideal setup if you backpack in forested areas; it also seems easier for me to get a taut pitch this way, YMMV)

I love the headroom in this tent, also the ventilation and views through the upper screened areas. It's been used on 3 trips since I bought it, for a total of about 11 nights (all using a groundcloth underneath floor), so it has a little trail dust and minor velcro snags on the noseeum but no significant wear that I can see. I am thinking of buying a Cuben shelter and have pledged to my partner that I will buy no more tents until I sell one, so this is the one that will go. Stored in non-smoking home. Was $260 new, asking $180, shipping to CONUS included.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags