FS: HMG Windrider Large – Custom, Modified

I purchased this right before they changed the logo. (Maybe 2 years ago?) Its been a great pack and has seen about 2 months of trail use. It’s still in very good condition with no major signs of wear, just the usual dirt/minor staining you would expect with a white pack.

I had some custom work done. The side pockets are dyneema gridstop for added durability (as seen on the Southwest pack) and the rear pocket is mesh (as seen on the Windrider pack). Also I had an interior zip pocket added (as seen on the Porter pack).

I modified the pack by removing the bottom side compression straps that interfere with the side pockets, the side closure/compression straps and the haul loop. I feel like this reduces unnecessary clutter and weight on the pack.

I also cut the very shoulder strap to feed it through the buckle to attach a bear spray holster and just tied the end back. Looks a little sloppy but can be fixed fairly easy but it’s only a cosmetic blemish and doesn’t affect the strap at all.

Also included is a custom Zimmerbuilt padded gear pouch. It fits most larger smart phones.

The pack, custom work and shipping were around $380 when I purchased it. The pack is up for grabs at $200 including shipping to the CONUS. I prefer PayPal f&f or please include 3% to cover fees.

Please feel free email or message for pics and to ask any questions. Thanks for looking.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags