FS Zpacks Soloplex Tent

Don’t laugh at my pictures; never mind, go ahead and laugh – you can see that I never mastered the art of putting up a non-freestanding tent. Used less than 15 nights. I bought it new from Zpacks in late 2016 (Christmas present to myself) for my 2017 AT thru-hike (you can see in the pictures that the instruction sheet that came with the tent is dated 8/31/2016). I carried it the entire length of the AT but used it only 6 times (I learned that I love shelters; I was teased constantly about this). I then took it on a month-long PCT hike this summer, thinking that I would be forced to sleep in my tent and would finally get the hang of putting it up. After a week of struggling, having it fall in on me nightly in the desert, I got off trail and bought a free-standing tent. The soloplex is a great tent for many people apparently, but sadly not for me. Olive Drab color. It’s in great condition, everything is original, no leaks, no holes or tears in the mesh. Only two things to note: (1) the stuff sack has a small tear (see picture) – I recommend not putting the stake bag inside the tent stuff sack; that’s how I got the tear; and (2) one of the two door zippers is a little slow – it moves fine, but I found it easier to use the second zipper (this wasn’t the case last year on the AT when they both moved easily, so I think someone who knows what they’re doing could make it slide easily again). $375, shipping included, to continental US only. Payment by Paypal.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags