FS: Missing History Price Drop - Pair of Boreal Fire's - 9.5 USA? --------

The Mystery Fires

Here's a pair of Fire's that have come through the years in very good condition. Uppers are clean and in great shape, there is remaining sole life and no bad odor. Not all crusty and dried out from sweat and sun. Fire's are considered to be a more stiff, all around shoe with edging as a strong point. Board lasted.

Eur. 41.5, US 9.5. However..............

(1st) The 9.5 size designation is confusing. I wear a men's 9 in a street shoe or hiking boot and the shoes fit about as I would want a climbing shoe to feel. I doubt that Boreal was making women's specific shoes at the time? Conclusion: the shoes run small, so expect they would approximately be a climbing shoe fit if your wear street shoe size 9.

(2nd) Although sole wear appears approximately the same, they may be the right and left shoes from 2 separate pairs that became mixed up. Here's why:

- The sizing designation label on the left foot's tongue doesn't include the US sizing and the tag is faded.

- The stamped inside manufacturing numbers are different in each shoe.

- I have noticed that there is an 8+ hand printed marker designation on the back of each red pull-on tab. This suggests the shoes may be from a program or early climbing gym.

This being said and if you are still considering these shoes:

To  help with fitting, the inside measurement of the leather foot bed, toe to heel is 9&3/4". This is with the tape placed right on the insole.

------------------

If you want to try a pair of Fires for the hell of it, the asking price is $10.00 plus $7.20 shipping in a USPS Priority Mail flat rate padded envelope. PPFF or please add the fee.

Right Shoe

Left Shoe

Detail

Tags