Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo I Shelter for sale, used once $500 OBO

For sale. Stakes not included. Guyline included.

Modular shelter system in which the components can be used separately or together. The components are: a catenary tarp, a mesh insert, and a front beak. The complete shelter adds up to a well-ventilated double-wall tent with full weather protection, or you can use the mesh insert or tarp separately when conditions allow. And HMG went to the extreme on the materials – Cuben Fiber – so these shelters are extremely light. The Echo I (one person) weighs just 23.6 ounces (669 g) with guylines but without stakes.

Measurements: 82 in (208 cm) long x 32.5 in (83 cm) wide at head end x 19.5 (50 cm) wide at foot end, front height 36.5 in (93 cm)

Features: Modular design, lightweight fabrics, catenary ridgeline and Spectra core guylines with line-locks on tarp, full-width zippered entry door on insert, full-height water-resistant zipper with two pulls on beak

Packed Size: Echo I: 12 in x 10 in x 3 in (30 x 25 x 8 cm)

Total Weight: Echo I measured weight 23.6 oz (669 g) manufacturer specification 23.7 oz (672 g)

Protected Area Echo I floor area: 18 ft2 ( 1.67m2), vestibule area 6.1 ft2 (0.57 m2), total protected area 24.1 ft2 (2.24 m2)

Protected Area/Trail Weight RatioEcho I 16.85 ft2/lb (3.45 m2/kg)

Tarp – This is a full-fledged Cuben Fiber catenary tarp with fully bonded and reinforced ridgeline and tieouts. HMG uses a stronger weight of Cuben Fiber (CF8), which is 0.78 oz/yd2 (26.4 g/m2). The Echo 1 Tarp provides 51 ft2 (4.74 m2) of protected area and weighs 8.1 ounces (230 g, measured weight) with guylines, and the Echo II Tarp provides 68 ft2 (6.32 m2) of protection and weighs 9.3 ounces (264 g). The Echo II tarp can be used with the Echo I Mesh Insert (but not the reverse).

Mesh Insert – The mesh insert has elastic cords (three at each end) that connect to rings on the tarp. It’s easy to install after the tarp is set up, or it can be left connected and set up as a unit. The lower sidewalls are Cuben Fiber CF8 and the bathtub floor is heavier Cuben Fiber CF15 (1.48 oz/yd2/50.2 g/m2) for extra durability. The Echo I insert weighs 11 ounces (312 g, measured) and provides 18 ft2 (1.67 m2) of floor area, and the Echo II weighs 15.4 ounces (437 g) and provides 24 ft2 (2.23 m2) of floor area.

Front Beak – The front beak provides a vestibule-protected entry for the shelter. It’s also made of Cuben Fiber CF8 and has a full-height water-resistant zipper with two pulls. The weight is 3.9 ounces (111 g, measured) for the Echo I, and 4.7 ounces (133 g) for the Echo II.

There are five useful configurations possible with the Echo shelter system:

Tarp only
Tarp plus Front Beak
Tarp plus Mesh Insert
Tarp plus Mesh Insert plus Front Beak
Mesh Insert only

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags