FS: Stephenson's Warmlite 3R tent 4 season 3+ people under 4 lbs! Plus Warmlite Down Air Mattress

For sale: one barely-used (under ten nights) Stephenson's Warmlite 3R tent. This is, in my opinion, one of the most extraordinary tents ever made. The weight is 3.75 lbs -- yes, under 4 lbs. It is designed to sleep three, with lots of room for gear, but would fit up to five if you are real friendly. This tent is four season full-winter ready. These tents have been taken to Denali, the Himalayas, and other full-winter alpine mountaineering locations. The designer claims it can withstand wind up to 95 mph! (I doubt it but it is no slouch.) These tents have a lot of unusual design features, which you can read about in depth at warmlite.com. For example, it uses custom-made large-diameter rigid prebent poles. No generic flexy poles here. Also, it is an impermeable double-wall design, using a reflective (!) silnylon inner liner. Basically, it is built like a Thermos bottle, preventing condensation in summer and keeping things warm in winter. Although it is certainly light enough for summer use, this tent really comes into its own in winter. In excellent condition, already seam-sealed (by me), without any significant wear. This has the "dual zipper large door" option. It has identical doors at both ends.

Unfortunately for me, soon after getting this tent, my wife decided that she wasn't interested in summer or winter backpacking anymore. It has mostly sat in storage while I've used a tarp in summer. Also, the all-silnylon construction is, unfortunately, not appropriate for use with our two-year old. I hope it finds a home with someone who will take this amazing piece of gear for a ride in the wilderness. The new price is $655. Buy it here for $525 including shipping in US48. Personal check preferred. Paypal +3%.

Also for sale is a Stephenson's Warmlite Down-filled Air Mattress ("DAM"). (scroll down for photos) Although it is a bit much for summer, this is golden in winter! 4"+ thick, super cushy, filled with 800 fill power down, and good to temperatures of -20F and below. 22 oz. Comes with custom inflation stuff sack -- in this case, you actually get two inflation stuffsacks, although you only need one. Compatible with the full Warmlite winter sleep system, or just use it alone with your sleeping bag. This is the "Size 60" model, 70" long and 24" wide. New price $155, here for $110 shipping and Paypal included. Excellent condition.