FS: REI Quarter Dome T2

I'm selling my very lightly used REI Quarter Dome T2 two-person free-standing tent for $180. I'll cover shipping to anywhere in the U.S. Feel free to PM me or post below if interested. Thanks!

The tent is essentially in new condition. It's been fastidiously cared for since I bought it in 2010. This tent has probably seen less than 15 nights of use in total. I originally bought it with the intention to use it winter camping (which it can handle), but I have ended up doing very little backpacking in the wintertime, so I figure I might as well sell the tent to somebody who will give it more use than I do.

It really is a very nice tent, definitely not ultralight, but for what it is (a very spacious, double wall tent that can handle snow as well as heat), it's great. The version I'm selling is actually lighter than later versions of the tent (it has more mesh), and I actually think it is the best model of the Quarter Dome T2 that REI ever made. On a technical note, the tent that I'm selling is actually branded as the "Quarter Dome TT UL2" tent. The name was later changed to simply "Quarter Dome T2" from what I understand, and I'm using this name for the post title because it's what everyone is more familiar with.

Here is a breakdown of the weights of each of the most essential items included with the tent (as measured to 0.05 ounce accuracy on my scale):

20.90oz - Tent body
25.05oz - Tent fly
16.01oz - Tent poles (in included tent pole stuff sack)

And just to give you a ballpark idea, my actual carried trail weight of this tent (including essential guylines, included stakes, stuff sacks, and pole repair sleeve) is: 4lb 3.5oz (or 67.05oz)

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...

You get everything that originally came with the tent; here are all the components laid out (all of this stuff weighs 4lb 6.0oz):
Front view of the tent:
Side view of the tent. Notice the steep pitch of the sidewalls which leads to lots of usable interior space:
Inside view of the tent (lots of space!):
Inside view of the closed off vestibule (with men's size 10.5 sandals for scale):
Packed tent (with men's size 10.5 sandal and a tent stake for scale):

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags