FS: Click Up Belay Device (Climbing Technology) with matching biner -- $50

Prefer pick up in Boulder or Denver, but will consider shipping if no local takers.

Bought new in Jan. '18, used a number of times in gym and a few days outside.

Excellent condition, just shows a few scuff marks consistent with light usage.

As a mini-review (and to be a terrible salesman):  I think this is a good device for sport climbing, just not as a good a Grigri, hence why I'm selling.

The main pro is that it operates with the same belay motion as a standard tube belay device (ATC), and that's an advantage for those who don't like using Grigris because (when used with the "new technique") the hand motions are very different.  It also locks up completely solidly and takes the weight of a hanging climber essentially hands-free (but you are supposed to maintain brake hand for safety, just as with a Grigri).  I consider it to be a very safe device and while anything is possible when used incorrectly, it's not easy for me to see you'd get a dropped climber if the belayer is doing things even halfway close to correctly.

The main cons (and why I'm planning to go back to Grigri)--does not work very well with thicker ropes (although Grigris have problems there too) and does not give as a smooth a lower as I would like.  I'd note that I read a lot of reviews before buying and don't think complaints about jerky / difficult lowering are common, so it's possible it's user error on my part.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers