FS: old gen Petzl Quarks, Grivel G14, DPS skis, G3 skins, gloves

Welcome to a small-scale 2018 closet purge!
I don't see myself climbing ice again and I have too many pairs of skis. Local pickup preferred, esp. for the skis, I'll ship if needed but paid close to $60 last time I put skis in the mail. Add $5 for shipping other items. I'll knock some $$ off if you buy more than one item. Paypal / venmo / whatever cash app you want to use, commission is on you if you're not comfortable with family / friends option.

Petzl Quarks, older generation - $200

Used these sporadically for a couple of seasons, bought them from a buddy who was the original owner. I added the trigrests (the index trigger isn't mounted but will be included) as well as hockey tape (enough to match the tool, the tope 1/3 is electrical tape). The picks are well used but can definitely take more sharpening / re-shaping. I swapped the adze for a hammer but will include the adze + spare hardware.

Grivel G14 crampons - $100

I bought these with the tool and they've seen the same amount of use (couple Ouray trips and occasional Wasatch ice). Currently setup as monopoints, I have a brand new front point + hardware to setup as dual front point. The points could use some sharpening. The bail plate has a couple minor cracks. 

DPS Lotus 120 Pure, 190cm, flex 2 - $250

Bought these last season on KSL to replace an aging pair. They came with bindings and supposedly only one mount but I found 2 sets of holes when I pulled the clamps. Looks like they were mounted on the line and at +1 for a BSL around 315 (28 size boot). The hole pattern is for older Dynafit Verticals, the front matches the new style Radicals (ignoring the center hole) and the back would require re-drilling 2 holes (unless you're lucky). There's at least 1 cm of space between the holes, based on the carbon layer I would have no concerns about a third mount. Bases are in excellent shape, a couple filled holes, hard to say how deep. No edges issues, no DPS delamination. Each ski clocks in at 1900 g, on the heavy side for touring but they work so well they're still my daily driver. I'll sell them with the skins listed below for $320

G3 Alpinist skins, L, 130mm - $100

I bought these for the Lotus and never used them. The L model fits skis from 183 to 199. They're almost wall to wall on the Lotus which is 140mm at the tip. You get full coverage in the tail which is all that matters.

DPS Lotus 138, 192cm, flex 2 + BD Ascension split skins - $200 

These are the original reserve sidecut/camber skis, designed for Wasatch days we don't really get any longer... They're old, have numerous mounts (not sure how many) so I threw in a dynaduke plate so you can swap bindings between AT and resort/sidecountry beef. Traditional DPS delamination is in full display, now controlled with epoxy. It's not pretty but it works. The tails are notched for skin clips. Bases are in good shape with a few gouges filled. Edges are clean, bamboo sidewalls are holding up with no cracks and only one spot showing a hit.

Free the Powder SX Gloves, short cuff, large - $40   

Awesome resort gloves which unfortunately I have no use for in the BC as it's never cold in the Wasatch. I tried them on once and they went in storage. Leather pal, soft shell back, 200+ grams of breathable insulation.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags