FS: Westcomb UL Down Hoody prototype – men's shmedium

Long story, but kinda fun and unique.

Had this jacket spec’d from the at-the-time venerable Montbell EX Light Down Jacket. There was no anorak from MB then (circa 4.5 years ago) and I was working as a buyer at the now defunct ProLite Gear. So we had Westcomb essentially do an EX Light but with a hood. Which is what this coat is. We wanted to make this a ProLite/Westcomb collab special but it unfortunately never came to fruition. So this is a one of a kind proto. To the details:

Specs: 161g / 5.68oz

900FP down and I forget what the shell is but I believe it is Pertex Quantum or very similar. I forget the amount of down but IIRC it was spec’d at either 2.5oz or 3oz.

Sewn-thru construction and black color shell.

Fit is a solid shmedium and somewhat short in the torso. 25.5″ in back (from shoulders) and 23.5″ in the front (zipper length). Zipper is a full length YKK 45c.

The arms are normal in length. It’s just a tad short in the torso IMO. But so were the og EX Lite Jackets…I’m a 15/33 slim dress shirt, 5’10” tall, 32″ inseam and 150 lbs for reference and this coat fits fine over a R1.

It has no tags and just a small hang loop on inner neck. No frills – no pockets, no draw hem, nada. Just a elastic bound hood and sleeve cuffs.

The jacket is in perfect condition, as I only used it a couple of times before eventually snagging an EX Light Anorak. Held on to it for nostalgia’s sake and that seems just pointless, so off it goes to a new home. Always stored uncompressed and in a non-smoking home. Phew, hope that was all :)

$165 shipped CONUS – Paypal FF or Venmo