Appalachian Ultralight 45L Robic Pack, Under 16-oz, with Z-Lite Frame

I am selling the Appalachian Ultralight Thruhiker’s pack + Z-lite frame (see details) for $180.  There are 4 sections of a Z-Lite to serve as the frame.  Pack is 45L roll top and was purchased earlier this year for $220.  18″ torso.  Used for a total 9 days of backpacking.  No tears in the mesh or robic fabric.  It is a great pack but I’ve decided I’m still carrying enough that I prefer a pack with an internal frame.

The front of the pack has an upper mesh pocket and a lower series of 3 adjustable shock straps.  These 3 straps are a favorite feature, because when you cinch them down they’ll hold a tent (I use a Duplex) securely and make a “kickstand” for when you set down your pack.

The roll top has buckles to clip the two ends together.  I added buckles to the straps on either side of the pack near the side pockets so it could instead be rolled down and then buckled on the sides. I did put some duct tape on side straps to secure unneeded strap ends so they wouldn’t flop around.

Original weight was 15.75 oz, and I added 2 buckles from the Zpacks site, weighing 2.8 gm each.

I will include the 4 sections of a ThermaRest Z-lite that I used for a frame, if you don’t mind that I poked 8 holes in it some time ago to thread some cord through (a bright idea that didn’t work out).  These punctures in the Z-lite are truly inconsequential, but can be seen if you look closely in the pictures near the bottom of the Z-lite.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags