WTB backpack for my boyfriend

My boyfriend is really cheap.  Like really really cheap.  Right now he’s using an absolutely destroyed 35L daypack, which means that I have to carry all of his (not UL AT ALL) stuff.  All of his backpacking trips have been with me so this suits him just fine, and he’s really cheap so he doesn’t want to get a new backpack.  As you can guess, it doesn’t suit me at all, so as a present for myself, I would like to buy him a backpack.

Criteria:

~50-60 liters.

Straps for sleeping pad

Straps for trekking poles

Internal frame

His favorite color is green.  He doesn’t like black.  Otherwise, color doesn’t really matter.

He’s about a 5’9″, averagely sized person…  I don’t know his torso length and I haven’t been successful in gently suggesting/manipulating him into getting measured.

Does not have to be UL, but not ridiculously heavy would be nice.  Relatively good condition would be nice.  Basically, a “traditional” internal frame bag would be fine.

Able to carry ~40 lbs.  This is a man who insists on carrying his own full-featured jet-boil.

I would prefer to spend no more than $100.

(if anyone wants to PM me any advice on converting car-campers into backpackers, would be appreciated as well!)

Detail

Tags