MLD SpeedMid – yellow – excellent condition

Lightly used on only about 5 trips, no visible damage, seams sealed, all guyout points have a generous amount of line. $160 shipped to CONUS.

Other info and considerations:

• I bought this in 2013 as a replacement for an older TrailStar when I realized I was spending way too much time futzing with the latter’s variable geometry. The SpeedMid is definitely easier to pitch than something with variable geometry: stake four corners in a square, insert center pole, adjust and stake the rest as needed.
  • As a ‘mid style shelter, I’ve found the SpeedMid to satisfy all the usual value propositions: excellent wind and storm resistance, lightweight for the size (about 20 ounces), and actually kind of enjoyable during a rainstorm (compared to a classic dome tent).
  • My reason for selling is more with the class of ‘mid style shelters altogether. While the footprint of the SpeedMid is huge (as large as a SuperMid), much of the area is not very usable due to low / sloping walls. I’m switching to a TarpTent or something comparable that has more vertical sidewalls. But if you’re personally a fan of mid-style shelters (particularly something like a TrailStar) then you’ll like this one!

Hope those bullet points help out any prospective buyers. Reply or PM me if you’re interested / have questions!

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags