FS: Marmot Helium Long 15 Degree Sleeping Bag

I am selling my Marmot Helium Long 15 Degree sleeping bag. This is a 850 fill down bag and it weighs in at 36.65 ounces on my scale. For full specifications, see http://marmot.com/products/details/helium.

I purchased the sleeping bag a year ago (November 2012) and I have used it on 25 nights over the past year, most of which was on a thru hike of the John Muir Trail in August/September. This is a very high quality bag but it turns out that it is too large for my relatively tall and skinny frame and, as a result, I am looking for a slimmer fitting bag for next year. The Helium Long would work very well for someone over six feet tall who is on the larger/heavier side.

The bag is in perfect shape with no down leakage. The only change I made to the bag is that I cut off the paper information tag at the foot of the bag since I didn't see a reason to keep it there. Although the bag has been used for 25 nights, in my opinion it is not smelly/dirty and I always wore a full base layer keeping it clean. As a result, I decided not to wash the bag before listing it here since a buyer will probably find it not in need of a wash. Or there would be the flexibility to control how the bag is washed.

When not in use, the bag has been stored uncompressed in its Marmot storage bag. On the trail, I did not compress the bag fully and used a stuff sack several times larger than the standard sack that came with the bag. Down loft is the same as when the bag was new.

I will include the Marmot storage sack as well as the stuff sack that came with the bag.

The sleeping bag lists for $419 new and the lowest new discounted price I see online is $309 on Moontrail.com. I'm willing to sell the bag for $220 shipped anywhere in the Continental US with payment via Palpal personal transfer or $227 for Paypal regular payment.

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags