FS: Like-New Tent, Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 with Footprint

I have a like-new ultralight backpacking tent for sale, simply because we've decided to upgrade to something bigger and bulkier for car camping (I don't do much backpacking anymore). We've used this 1-2 nights of car camping last summer, that's it! $280 with footprint.

Some specs and my thoughts:

Weight/Packed Size: Packed weight is 3lbs 5 oz and this thing packs down really quite nicely (see photo). Great for weight/space conscious travelers as well (airline travel).

Pitched size: Sleeps 3, but I'd say you better love your buddies! We sleep 2 with a 60lb dog. Not bad.

Durability: I'll be completely honest here. Several reviewers have noted that the material at the top of the ceiling when connected to the poles tends to rip. Mine was no exception, ripping on our first outing (see photo). However, the rip has not worsened and with a rain fly really isn't a problem. To be completely honest, if this tent becomes yours you could very likely return to Big Agnes for a free replacement. I've had several good experiences with their customer service. For this reason I have further reduced the price quite a ways from the retail price of ~$400 (which I paid).

A final note on price: When comparing to online retailers, note that the footprint is sold separately at $70-80. I've included the footprint in the list price of $280. Free pickup in Denver or add $10 for shipping. 

Thanks!

Evan

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags