[WTS] OR Alpine Bivy (sub-2lb 4-season shelter) -- $120

I took a picture of the scale with my potato: http://imgur.com/a/RL0Jp

That's 30.65 oz., including the 1 oz. stuff sack and 1.9 oz. pole (which you don't NEED but you should bring).

The positive: As a standalone (no tarp) shelter in the winter, it's badassed. I've had it out about 10 nights over the past couple of years and have never had problems with condensation. The three-layer waterproof membrane performs well under cold conditions. It has an internal hoop, which means it's a lot less claustrophobic than other options (for reference, I'm 6'1"). There's mosquito netting over the head area, so you can still be bug protected without pinning everything down. I like that I can read in it comfortably and keep some gear (boots) inside with me. I would also expect it to perform just fine in a windy snowstorm -- it's bomber. It's probably also good for a little bit of additional warmth.

The negative: I would not buy this as a one-size-fits-all shelter system. I've never used it in the summer, nor would I. In a rainstorm, I would expect a fair amount of condensation, not to mention the fact that getting in and out during heavy rain would be a major pain in the ass (I figured out a way to do it using an emergency poncho, but this is not an ideal way to use this kit). For the right situation, I think this shelter's a real winner. I'm parting with it because I find myself rarely taking the kind of winter trips where it excels.

Price includes CONUS shipping. Paypal.

Detail

Tags