Looking for lightly used packs and sleeping bags

My Wife and I are planning our first 1000+ plus backpacking trip next summer (SOBO on PCT from Ashland OR to Kennedy Meadows CA). I'm retired and on a tight budget. We also need to trim pack weight. We are looking for a med ULA Circuit pack with med hip-belt and a either a Large ULA Circuit (preferred) or Catalyst pack with Lg hip-belt.

Currently ULA is offering a free mini Sawyer filter with ea pack (something I was hoping to purchase anyway). These packs would cost me $225 ea (or $250 if I settled on the Catalyst) minus the savings on the filters ($20 ea) bringing me to approx $410 to $435 out of pocket. Considering I'd be giving up a warranty and the ability to return a pack/hip-belt that didn't fit quite right, I am willing to pay $150 ea.

In addition we are looking for a Small lightweight 20 degree sleeping bag and a Large 30 degree bag or quilt. Hopefully something in the 1 lb range. I know these can be costly but hopefully I can find something lightly used or nearly new for about 60% of original cost.

Any folks out there looking to sell some light gear and want to help out an enthusiastic financially challenged older couple extend their backpacking years :) (we aren't that old as I'm be 59 and she is 57).

We have backpacked extensively over the past 15 years but I carried a monster pack (50 to 55 lbs, on the JMT in 2010). Can't do it any longer. We are needing to transition to ultra light and plan to hike the PCT over the next 2 years. After that, who knows, hopefully the CDT and/or AT.

Thanks, John Herrin

Detail

Tagged Manufacturers

Tags