FS: Kaenon Arlo Sunglasses, MLD Trailstar, Mountain Hardwear Rain Shell

Mini cleanout here:

First up is a MLD Trailstar in Brown Sil.

While I love this shelter, I have a shelter problem and need to thin down my quiver. My only gripe with it are it’s weight, and it’s footprint… which isn’t justified, because the footprint is so versatile on uneven ground.

Even so, for solo trips, I find myself reaching for my cuben mid more often.

The first week I got it, I set it up successfully in windstorm with constant 35kts with gust to 52kts (confirmed by naval academy anemometer). The brown sil is gorgeous, and super stealthy.. which is something I wish cuben was more. Just in love with the idea of absolutely no trace.

In any case, not seam sealed, and I’ll try to find the original guylines. I slept under it 4 nights, one of which was a torrential downpour… no drips through any seams though YMMV. Comes with stuff sack. $200 open to offers.

Next Up: Keanon Arlo Polarized Sunglasses

While maybe not huge here, these are THE sunglasses for the sailing crowd. I have sailed all my life, and these are bar none the best lenses I have ever used… only reason I am selling is because I got a pro deal on a new pair. They are super lightweight (.39 oz without the lanyard), and the lenses are impeccable. Kaenon is a wonderful company to deal with. I broke a pair while sailing offshore — had no proof of purchase– and they sent me a new pair no questions asked.

As they stand now, they have a very strong and light pure Samson Amsteel 1.5mm Dyneema lanyard spliced to them, with the loops whipped. I broke so many lanyards that I made this one so the plastic frames would snap before the lanyard did. I can cut this off if need be, but it took me a while to make… so I encourage you to try it first.

Light use, no scratches on the lenses. Retail is $214 — let’s say $150 OBO. Comes with Orange Kaenon case. 

Next is Mountain Hardwear Plasmic Ion Jacket 

I find myself more often reaching for my other hardshell, even though this is lighter. The blue color is awesome (imo), and I took this out in a torrential downpour outside my house, and storm tested some shelters.. lots of moving around — didn’t sweat it out, and I stayed bone dry. I have worn it only that one time — never seen backcountry or even casual use. 10.9oz, Size S (for reference, I am 5’10” 160lbs)

About 125 new (I believe), so let’s say $75 obo for what’s essentially a brand new jacket?